Hi folks! Dangerous Wolf here, and this morning I’m presenting the 4th edition of the Weekly Recap on BTR. Take a look, check out the highlights of the week. Who knows what you may have missed!
Here are the tracks of the week!
1. “Halo”, the latest collaboration between Dirty South and Deniz Koyu really impressed me. The progressive house track definitely has potential to be a club anthem this year.[Full Story]
2. Armin presented to us this week a track of his up coming project “Gaia”. His latest track “Humming Lights” is classic Armin doing his trance thing. You’re in for a treat once the track hits 1:45.[Full Story]
3. Borgore & Carnage release the full version of their latest collaboration “Incredible”. The name says it all, with a big room house progression followed by an electro-trap drop, “Incredible” will have clubs raging all year long.[Full Story]
Here are the tracks to look forward to!
1. DAMN, it’s only a preview but Dyro’s upcoming remix of Tiesto & Swanky Tunes “Make Some Noise” is going to be one hell of a track. Check out the [Full Story] and take a listen. You’ll understand.
2. Felix Cartel takes on “Clarity” and adds some heavy flavour to Zedd‘s smash hit. Out of all the awesome remixes I’d say this one has got to be my favourite. I’m pretty sure the full track is out now, but definitely check out the [Full Story]!
3. French electro-house artist Kavinsky releases his “OutRun” LP preview “Protovision”. Sounding a little Daft Punk-esque, Kavinsky represents his home country with this one.[Full Story]
In our EP sector we will also be featuring some full LP’s from your favourite artists. You know blood, sweat, and beers went into making these complete releases come true. Kudos to all artists on their grind, putting in work to fulfill our constant need for new music. I know I can speak for most of you when I say, WE ALL APPRECIATE IT.
Anyway, I’m pleased to present the EP’s of the week!
1. “Illusions of a Sleepless Mind” is the latest EP from Ill-Mannered, a livetronica trio out of Colorado. With two producers and a drummer, Ill-Mannered composes some of the most diverse tracks I’ve heard. From glitch to hip-hop to drum n bass, this EP has it all. [Full Story]
2. For all those who love filthy dub this one is for you! Brimmed with grime and tenacity, Getter releases his LP “I Want More”. Its abundance of chaos and hectic nature is sure to keep to guessing what’s to come! Check out the [Full Story]!
3. Butch Clancy released his “A Beautiful Mind” LP earlier this week. Recently Butch has been rocking the trap scene with his wonky flavor. Late night trap for the weekend benders. Be sure to give the whole LP a listen! Oh and free DL. [Full Story]
4. M.E.M.E, with whom I’m not too familiar with, recently released his EP “To Learn”. I put this in here because of his unique compositions. His style is mostly complextro with some other EDM elements. It just sounds so different. Maybe this new sound is going somewhere? Comment and check out the [Full Story]!
With festival season coming up no doubt lineups and dates will be announced to spread the hype to ravers across North America. This past week we have featured sick lineups from some HUGE festivals, I’ll give you all the information here. Good news for Cali as Beyond Wonderland 2013 will be hitting San Bernardino Saturday March 16th. This show is going to nuts, featuring Afrojack, Crizzly, Dash Berlin, Markus Shultz, and lots more massive performances. Definitely check it out if you’re in the area, it’ll be worth it [Full Story]. Camp Bisco’s three day festival in New York also announced their lineup this week. Starting on July 11th through 13th, more than 100 acts will hit the stage in Mariaville consisting of both the hip-hop and EDM genres. With performances from Rusko, Kid Cudi, Pretty Lights, Nas, Snoop, Diplo, (I mean the list goes on but you get my point) this is certainly a MUST SEE for whoever is even remotely interested [Full Story].
In other festival news the 2-day Euphoria Music Festival will be hosted in New Braunfels, Texas this April. Headlining is Datsik, Tommy Trash, Dirtyphonics, and Felix Cartel. Enough said. For the full lineup and more details check out the [Full Story]. Additionally, the Spring Awakening Festival in Chicago announced their lineup. Headlining will be Bassnectar and Calvin Harris. A few selection of the supporting acts include Zeds Dead, Porter Robinson, 12th Planet, and Figure. Again, don’t miss this one. So many fantastic acts compiled into one weekend, how awesome? [Full Story] here.
In light of recent debate among society regarding the ethics of rave culture, BTR featured an article about Kaskade and his opinion on the LA Times piece that sparked numerous conflict. He is very well spoken in this article and portrays the positive side of rave culture. To read what Kaskade had to say see the [Full Story]. On an up note, Skrillex is teaming up with Cirque du Soleil to create an EDM inspired night club called Light. The club is scheduled to open at Mandalay Bay hotel in Las Vegas on April 26th. Two unique talents coming together for a more-than-interesting endeavor. I can’t wait to see the outcome [Full Story].
And as a little sub-feature we have a few remixes for Zedd‘s “Clarity”, enjoy!
Zedd – Clarity (Shreddie Mercury Remix) [PREVIEW] [Full Story]
Brillz’s Remix of Zedd’s Clarity [Full Story]
Zedd- Clarity(Tiesto Remix) [Full Story]